The first written references cited this town with the place name of El Villar de Corva in 1220. In a document from the sixteenth century, is said to be the first name that had the village of Peñafrol, but After we will, to acquire the advanced Juan Carrillo, It gives the name of Villacarrillo; then it Cuerva be called, when passed to the family of Garci Lasso de la Vega.

In the fifteenth century there are reports of the Convent of San Clemente de Toledo, which had certain rights in the village of Crow, according to documentary evidence dated in 1458. In 1477, Cuerva contributed to the support of the Holy Brotherhood of Toledo.

To defend this area, a castle rose, perhaps built by Alfonso X, who donated to the city and then goes through purchase, town and castle, to advance Cazorla Juan Carrillo of Toledo, in the fifteenth century. His heirs sold it to knight Garci Lasso de la Vega, greater commander of Leon and Lord of Batres, in the sixteenth century. These gentlemen lived in the local castle until the seventeenth century.

The advance Juan Carrillo, granted the privilege of villazgo Cuerva, raising the timely roll on the old road to Toledo.

  • "San Antón" (17 Janury)
  • "San Isidro" (Romería: 15 may)
  • "Fiestas Patronales en honor a la Virgen del Remedio" (From September 7 to September 11)
  • "Navidad" (Belén Monumental)
  • Town hall:
    • Tlfn.: 925 424 983

Parish Church of St. James

It was declared a National Artistic Monument by Decree of Ministerior of Education and Science on July 10, 1975.

Built between the fifteenth and seventeenth centuries by order of Garcilaso dela Vega and his wife Sancha de Guzman, parents famous poet, it has a nave with five sections and side chapels.

On the outside of the building, next to the front door of the temple is a cross formerly used as ordeal in the Via Crucis, made in stone berroqueña on a flowery Gothic grenades early sixteenth century.

Church built entirely with granite stone, consists of a central nave, which leads townhouses some chapels and other departments, and her feet a slender tower.

santiago apostol

Church Parroquial of Santiago Apóstol.

Schools of scribes

It was built in the early seventeenth century known as the New Palace. By order of Pedro Lasso de la Vega became grammar school and singing to service Parish Cuerva with the name "School of Infants of San Ildefonso. '' From 1930 he was qualified as House Headquarters of the Guard Civil, after going to host the Schools.
Castle Peñaflor

By order of King Alfonso X "The Wise" this Castle was built in the thirteenth century.

In the fifteenth town and castle they were acquired by the Advanced of Cazorla Juan Carrillo and then by Garcilaso de la Vega (father of the famous poet). This family became habitual residence for some time.

It is square with four corner towers of medieval military architecture, the walls are of considerable thickness and gneral rig is solid masonry with very strong lime. The building has three floors with large windows that could be modified in the Renaissance since ancient castles were built not so great. It is a pleasure efificación defense and not for that reason it is located in a flat landscape.

CUERVA Castillo-Peaflor

Castle of Peñaflor.

The roll

This Roll and was commissioned in the sixteenth century by Juan Carrillo of Toledo, when he was recognized Cuerva as Villa by King Philip III. It stands on the old road to Toledo and consists of a thick pillar of two bodies of granite, topped by a Corinthian capital on a beautiful stone steps.

Chapel of Los Remedios

Ermita made of masonry mortar and locked with a hip roof. It is a chapel of a nave and apse plan or the rectangular main chapel, and separated from the nave by an arch. This chapel is mentioned in documents of the sixteenth century for the creation of stairs to the altar in 1571 made by the stonemason Crow, Antón Sanchez de Orgaz.

Cuerva Ermita-Virgen-de-los-Remedios

Ermita de los Remedios.

Equestrian Centre

Located in a natural environment Cuerva the Equestrian Center it offers tourists the opportunity to enjoy nature while acrtividades extras are performed.

This leisure complex has several apartments with rooms with private bathroom. Among the activities on offer from the resort it offers bike rides, adventure sports, guided tours of the area and horse riding, plus riding lessons for younger visitors. The farm school, shelter and multiaventurasviajes routes are some of the attractions that this resort has certainly not wasted. So if you want to live new experiences do not hesitate and visit.

NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand