San Pablo de los Montes

The repopulation activity of the Montes de Toledo and places from the end of San Pablo, began in the last third of! 11th century, as in most of the municipalities in this area.

With the subsequent segregation of this territory in favor of the Valladolid Knight Téllez de Meneses and the Archbishop Jiménez de Rada, repopulation action will head South looking for new paths to the Guadiana basin. With this repopulation is conducive to settlements in the areas most filled with mountains and the first foothills of the cordillera.

In this repopulation process and due to the rugged terrain, the mountains become refuge of brigands, documented from the 13th century, known as golfines.

The golfines came from different parts of the Peninsula and were nomadic groups which were dedicated to the assault and to plunder, creating instability in many areas as for example in the port you Marches de San Pablo, since that crossed an important channel of communication to the South of the mountains by that port.

With repopulation action began frequent clashes between settlers and the golfines. Settlers to defend themselves, decided to organize into a brotherhood, which was recognized by Toledo in 1300 as a form of popular justice based on the medieval right to defensión.

The population of San Pablo is definitely formed in the first half of the 15th century, influenced decisively by the Foundation of the Augustinian monastery. At the end of this century, Paul takes Charter of nature as a place of the Town Hall of Toledo's Municipal Lordship together with the localities of Las Ventas con Peña Aguilera, Los Yébenes, Marjaliza, El Molinillo, Navahermosa,... that was linked to Toledo until the 19th century.


Forging charges in this town a great importance so tourists can find workshops in which various utensils with this material are made.

  • "Fiesta de la Vaca" (January 25th, feast of Regional tourist interest).
  • "San Isidro" (May 15)
  • "Romería de la Virgen de Gracia" (last Sunday in may)
  • "Cristo de la Vera Cruz" (Patronal Celebrations, 13-18 September)

Parroquial Conversion de San Pablo Church

Building a plant in shape of a cross, consisting of a bell tower built on a tower of defensive origin of the 13th century, which was remodeled and adapted as a little earlier than current church belfry. Subsequently, in the 16th century was joined by the Tower a top of mudejar style and the rest of the structure to configure the current church.

iglesia parroquial san pablo

Parish Church of San Pablo.

Town Hall

Built in the year 1904. This building whose architectural style is popular, has two floors and is built in granite, with ashlars stone, jambs, thresholds, steps and wrought granite columns.


Town Hall.


It is located at the intersection of Calvary and Rebollar. This monument of rectangular shape, is a platform built with stone granite and gray marble work of masonry on which sit three crosses and two small olive trees that symbolize the place where Jesucristo was crucified.

Convent of the Padres Agustinos

1 kilometer from the municipality Southeast is located in the convent of the Augustinian Fathers, built on ruins of Visigothic origin (7th century).

Cross of the century

Formerly located in the Plaza de la Constitución, was transferred in 1924 when the roundabout to the Hermitage of the Santa.Este source path is built monument consists of a basement in wrought granite fastened by a double foot masonry in granite, which supports a cylindrical piece also granite on whose upper part is inserted an iron cross.

cruz del siglo

Cross of the century.

Hermitage of la Fuensanta

This building with "L"-shaped layout is divided into teas small aisles separated by two arches.

fuente sana

Hermitage of la Fuensanta.

Well the snow

Located at 500 meters from the municipality in Southeast direction. This well of approximately 12 meters in diameter by 11 depth is built with granite stone joined by mortar of lime and sand in masonry work.

Roundabout Plaza Constitución

Built in 1924. If it's a square square with three entries, delimited with carved stones of granite peyotes, floored with granite slabs and a fountain in the Center also of wrought granite stone.

NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand