Santa Ana de Pusa, is a small town on the border between the regions of the Montes de Toledo and la Jara. It is located in the Valley of the river Pusa, giving it an extraordinary scenic beauty. To get to the municipality, we left Toledo on the CM-401 Highway and after visiting about 80 kilometres and pass through the neighbouring municipalities of Polan and Galvez, Navahermosa, Los Navalmorales, we enter in Santa Ana de Pusa.
Archaeological finds bear witness that this territory was already known to the hispano-romanos, Visigoths and Muslims. Its first founders were Diego García Lopez and Blas Muñoz in 1522, in the area known as El Canchar. These deaths, the Señor de Valdepusa in 1524 founded a hamlet and desiring to repopulate it grants letter puebla twenty-two neighbors of Magan, of October 16, 1526, which they called the place as "Santa Ana de Bienvenida". It is the last of the towns founded in Valdepusa. The place of Santa Ana becomes dependent on San Martín de Pusa; called "Santa Ana de Pusa" since the end of the 18th century.
Strolling through the town we find the parish church of Santa Ana, building cross Latin with a single nave and chapels in the transept. Its factory is toledano rig with plinth of granite blocks. The first building seems to be from the 16th century, although the current construction corresponds to later times. The interior boasts its cover with wooden beams and coffered ceiling that covers the apse.
Close to the Church, the chapel of the Cristo de la Salud reminds us that long ago this place was a cemetery. It has a square nave of flat roof; on the cover is an arch in brick and fascia. On the façade, a belfry built in brick is topped with a wrought iron cross.
To complete the visit, we will go to the Museum of Ethnology "El Canchar", whose main purpose is to show and spread the way of life, customs, economy and other aspects of the life of the inhabitants of the municipality and the region.
Following the Talavera road, to the West of the town centre, you will find the bridge of the Pusa. In 1852 it consists of three eyes, being larger central; with arches built in brick on Central buttresses of semi-circular profile of masonry.
At this point the traveller can start different hiking trails, for thus the beauty that enclose the landscapes of its municipal. From the bridge and on the margin of the Pusa River northward, the route runs through the old mill, uncle chicken, the new dam, meander dam enter cliffs and Oak to the bridge of Calamocha in the boundaries of the municipality. Another option is to follow regardless of the Pusa River to the South, thus passing by the so-called Estrechura, charco de La Jesusa, the tables of the Andariego, the pond of the Inferno, the cave of Moraleda, sickles and the pond of the reeds.
In relation to the local gastronomy include porridge, the puches, the ajocano, rosquillas de pan, the twisted roll of San Sebastian, the pilgrims and the rinran. We must make a special mention to the good olive oil produced by the Local cooperative of the field.